Our new horror novella from DarkFuse, ELDERWOOD MANOR is now available in limited hardcover and Kindle editions.
About the book: Things fall apart—Bruce Davenport knows this all too well.
On the heels of his wife’s death, laid-off and penniless with an eviction notice on the door, the only thing left for him and his four-year-old son Cody is Bruce’s childhood home, secluded deep within Ozark forests, haunted by the ghosts of his past.
After he receives a strange phone call from his dying mother, who has lived alone in the house for the past 15 years, Bruce reluctantly returns to the estate with his son.
But they soon find that something else dwells in the home, in the earth, in the woods. Unseen things are out for vengeance and blood. If they can survive the night, they may just find out what truly lies within the walls of … Elderwood Manor.
Here are just a few snippets from recent reviews:
- “Dark and atmospheric horror … very scary.”
- “It is very rare for something to truly scare or creep me out, but this did it.”
—The Arched Doorway
- “ELDERWOOD MANOR was one of the few novellas I read this year that really managed to creep me out.”
—I Heart Reading
- “From a graceful, foreboding opening, the tension is ratcheted up and the suspense is kept at the perfect pitch. This book kept me wide-eyed from beginning to end.”
—Coffee and Book Addict.com
- “Fulbright and Hawkes bring this tale to life with some fine writing, a brooding sense of overpowering doom, a nice pace … another fine addition to their body of work.”
—James Reasoner, Rough Edges
- “Striking touches of originality … it engendered a shudder or two.”
—Black Static Magazine #41
Click here to see what other readers are saying and read more about the book.